Saturday 5 May 2012

Blood Bros.

Hello there, after fairly fucking long. I've been meaning to write for quite a while but I've been caught up trying to get a career & then busy trying to settle into it. I'm a banker & other things now. Its a dream come true! No, I'm kidding. What kind of insane child dreams of becoming a banker? This is an incidental little break, but I'm bloody thankful for it.


I have no topic for this blogpost currently, but I promise that I will have one by the end of this paragraph. I think I've also been delaying writing because my blog got quite a hike in viewership & I've been just been scared that it may not be as popular as that one swingin' Delhi post. But that's alright & I'm just going to write because of the reason I wrote my first blogpost. Because I had to write for my own reasons.

I recently moved back to Delhi after my MBA and realized that I do belong here, warts and all. Its been almost seamless to move back in with the parents. There's my topic I think. I'd like to write about parents. See? I never disappoint.

My parents are such cool cats. They work so hard & party moderately harder and my dad will complain about how his friends never let him go home early & he needs to work the next day, but they're still never home before 3 am, which I'm not even allowed to do. If you're reading this mum, I'm taking it up on Sunday.

The siblings are also clued into my twitter account and then they read out my tweets (no lies) to the parents and mock me for being a ridiculous uncool twat. But I know you're secretly my fans, fuckers.

All the bullshit aside, I would've been nothing without my parents. I wouldve never read my first Harry Potter if my mother had not thrown it in my lap saying "I hear its good" and I would've driven like a typical woman if my dad hadn't said "Everyone drives. Even dumb american girls. No fear or hesitation. Its nothing." I would've never had my job or my values or my temperament (damn that though) or my fabulous fucking hair (thanks Dad for beating mum's genes on that one) without them.

I don't know why kids these days rant when parents bring them the wrong sort of pizza or a cheaper model mobile phone. The minute I got my first pay cheque is when I realized I don't even want to spend on myself, let alone on others. I applaud parents worldwide for being able to fund us for so long. Its ridiculously tough. Hey junior Kapoors, you'll get your presents, don't worry. I'm not a miser.

My parents know everything from general knowledge to health to education to nightclubs and drugs & its unbelievably hard to lie to them. I gave up long back. Infact, they can hear me over the phone and know that something is wrong when I don't even know it, myself. We have our disagreements, but if we can sort them out with our boyfriends/ girlfriends, I think I could atleast try with my parents.

All families go through rough patches and someone is always going through a hormonal daze but I think the important bit is to not give up. Someone's going to put you through hell anyway, might as well be your own blood. I don't think there's anything worth fighting for other than your family. Not just against outsiders but also for each other. To keep it together. Whether you live in the same space or away from each other, its important to acknowledge, if not love for parents, then the fact that you're all made out of each other.
Yuck.

Hey parents, if you think this was a cunning attempt at raising the curfew, you are totally right!

2 comments:

  1. The whole post is summed up for me when you say "Someone's going to put you through hell anyway, might as well be your own blood. I don't think there's anything worth fighting for other than your family."

    And while they are the masters at ripping your heart into pieces atleast they're there the very next moment to put it back in place too.

    Too often we're busy chasing and repenting after people who don't give a rat's ass once they've discarded us while we constantly take family for granted.

    Your post kinda put into words what I'd been feeling for sometime now so needless to say I really liked it.
    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time out to comment. Very glad that you could relate to it. Thanks for the kind words. :)

      Delete